Sunday, May 15, 2005

Carl Nyberg Explains Military Recruitment

For those who missed this on Kos, Carl Nyberg had an amazing diary on Kos this week dealing with questions about military recruitment.

This is why Carl has some authority on the subject:
My last two years as a Navy officer I was assigned to Navy Recruiting District Chicago. I investigated misconduct by enlisted recruiters. At the end of my tour I was a whistle-blower about extensive corruption in Navy Recruiting Command, including cover-ups of recruiter misconduct by the chain of command.

Carl uses an unconventional style of writing in this post, where he posted each of his observations as comments to which people could ask individual questions. It really worked well, and for any of you who want an insider's view of recruitment, it's most definitely worth a look.